Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday is one of my favorite masses to attend. It's hard to describe in words but there's something very special about it. Thus also begins the lenten season. Most people talk about giving up candy, chocolate, tv, etc. One year, I gave up caffeinated beverages, another time was driving while talking on the cell phone. I've only been Catholic for a few years so I'm still new to this. I decided this season I'm going to concentrate on others.

The other day, I accidently took my cell phone for a ride in the washing machine. Two co-workers suggested putting it in a bag of rice overnight to help dry it out. No such luck. When I went to the local phone store, the sales rep was extremely helpful and didn't try to talk me into anything I didn't want. This was probably the best experience I've had at that type of store. So I asked for his card and his manager's card. Tonight I'm going to compose an email praising his helpfulness and courtesy. Everyone likes to know when they are doing a good job, pass it on.

1 comment:

;ab said...

i missed ashes this year.glad you enjoyed it so much-maybe enough for both of us.