Thursday, April 4, 2013

Second Time Mama


I have a couple of friends who are pregnant with their second children so I've been reflecting quite a bit on being a second time mama. Someone told me it's TWICE the work but DOUBLE the fun. I couldn't image more work but it true but it's definitely made life funner! 


With Harrison, we worried about every little bump and bruise. I remember it taking HOURS to drive back from the coast b/c he would cry and we would pull over. And the time, Ryan and Darren took the boys hiking...30 minute ride turned into 3 hours. We read to H every single night and waited on him hand and foot. 

Fast forward to baby #2 and your whole outlook changes. I really ENJOY every moment of raising them now. I no longer stress over the small stuff. If they cry, it's not the end of the world, they probably just need a hug and they'll forget all about it in five minutes. As I've said before...life is good.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

She looks so calm and mild mannered here. NOT THE CASE AT ALL. And I love it. And H looks studious to me just like I think he will be when the time comes.