Monday, February 1, 2010

Book List

I normally have a stack of magazines and/or books on my night stand. Here's what is on deck tonight. First up, "Breaking Dawn" by Stephanie Meyer, this is the final book of the Twilight saga. My SIL had the first book and I kinda stumbled upon it by accident. Of course, I had to read all of them to find out what happens. This last book feels different than the others and what I thought would be the climax happened at the beginning. I'm not sure how they are going to make a movie from it but my guess is that it will be pretty gory. I really hate to watch movies after I've read the books; they never live up to it and sometimes end up ruining it for me.

The next two "When You Are Engulfed in Flames" (humor category) by David Sedaris and "Superfreakonomics" (nonfiction) by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner were both Christmas/birthday gifts. The bottom one is a cookbook featuring recipes and photography from New York as part of the Williams-Sonoma Foods of the World series.

And I almost forgot, the two thin ones are both related to creating collages. The Collage Discovery Workshop by Claudine Hellmuth has been with me for a long time and the other is Somerset Studio magazine which was recently purchased. This may sound crazy but I've been thinking about creating collages similar to these for about five years now. Why haven't I done it? Good question. Let me know if you have the answer. Maybe I'm afraid mine will look really crappy so if I spend a decade thinking about it, surely it will look halfway decent?!?

2 comments:

Ryan said...

I don't see the seven books that I recommended and you said you would read. Hmmm...

chronically indecisive said...

i have to say i loved the bella/edward series. the first movie did not live up to the book but the second wasnt as bad. ive actually heard that they are planning to make the final book into two movies. it has a great ending..