Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Curtain Dilemma

Our dining room is in desperate need of a homey feel. I still have to hang pictures/paintings but I haven't figure out which ones yet. In my head, I have an idea to paint a big picture for the wall to the right. We'll see. I found a pair of sheer celery green curtains (on the chair to the left) but then I decided they matched the wall too much. These are the only windows in the room so I like the idea of sheer curtains. I've exchanged them for a brown but now I'm wondering if it's too much brown? Our rug is dark brown with a green/rust floral design. What do you think? I could accent with a brighter color? It's hard to have anything on the table with a toddler constantly spilling food . . .

2 comments:

Kensho Studio said...

I'm no good at decorating, but have to say this looks like such a nice cozy room. I love your table and chairs!

Maybe you could add a few "kiwi" to the bowl of pine cones! ;-)

Unknown said...

You could always have a brighter color curtains for spring/summer and then switch them out for a darker tone in the fall/winter.