Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Happy Mardi Gras


Happy Mardi Gras!!! We have a fun-filled (aka exhausting for me) day. The afternoon activities included a Mardi Gras parade at school. The weather was crappy so they moved it indoors. The Catholic High band belted out tunes while the Prek-ers and Kindergarteners were the stars of the parade passing out / throwing candy and beads. Talk about craziness!!! I don't know how many H threw that managed to hit me on the head. The kids enjoyed a mini carnival afterwards. 

Our conversation about Lent:

Me: During Lent, people will give up items or activities that they enjoy. I'm going to give up Instagram (GASP, I know! It's going to be hard!)

H: What's something I can give up?

Me: Mmm, maybe Jolly Ranchers?

H: No, I really like those. Maybe something work related.... (sounds good to me)!

No comments: