Saturday, December 5, 2009

O' Tree

This tree has been with me over a decade. I know it's small but that's part of what makes it so perfect. Maybe someday we'll get a bigger one or start a tradition of finding a Christmas tree farm. I have fond memories of those cold, Nebraska December days hunting for the biggest tree. When you're little, you don't realize it's 20 degrees with a wind chill in the single digits.

I've been collecting a new Santa ornament every year since Ryan and I met in 2001. I haven't found one yet this year but I still have time.

3 comments:

Bryan said...

If you need a reference on a Christmas tree farm, just ask. We've visited a bunch around here and finally found a good one that wasn't closing (retirement).

Aly said...

Yes! This year's tree hunt was a sort of multi-farm wild-goose chase, but we finally found a good farm with nice trees, priced well, not too far away.

This year's tree is very pretty and shaped beautifully, and our decorations look nice. But due to some issue apparently beyond our control, the tree is leaning toward the kitchen. I think it wants a sandwich.

lab said...

it seems mandi had a wonderful time doing christmas in her own home. everything looked great and she had some very good decorating ideas.