Sunday, June 13, 2010

Rose Bowl Flea Market

The second Sunday of every month, the Rose Bowl Stadium (well, outside of the actual stadium) hosts a flea market featuring over 2,500 vendors! Lucky me, it landed on my weekend in LA.

As Harrison would say "lotta stuff" or "lotta junk." You name it, they probably have it.

As a costume designer, my sis is always searching for that great period article to add to her collection.

Wouldn't this be a great pose for a baby photograph with his (or her) mama? It reminded me of one of my favorite photographers, Julia Margaret Cameron. She used soft focus and long exposures which caused an intentional blur. In my artistic photography, I tend to gravitate towards this technique. When you think about events in the past nothing is perfectly remembered (or in focus).

Okay, how funny is this kitty cat lamp? I think it would be great to have it in a guest bedroom so your company would definitely have to question your taste in decor.

First, I noticed this almost life size German Shepherd. Then I saw the wounded legs. THEN I saw the swords in front of the poor guy . . .

4 comments:

Melissa Bruning said...

Love the photograph-- maybe some day we can do a series. Can't wait till Harrison grows into the little 70's shirt I got him.

designergirl007 said...

Ha ha . The kitty lamp and dog funny. What a fun place to walk through. Lot's of conversation pieces. I agree with "mab" maybe someday you can do a series. You are so talented.

Michael at FleaMarketZone.com said...

Wonderful shots. I linked to you from my Facebook page. Thanks!

lab said...

love the flea market looking through your eyes. you got some pretty cute shots. glad you and m had such a great time.