Thursday, June 2, 2011

Curtain Solution


Here's a house up the road that I'm in love with. Every spring/summer they hang up blue and white curtains and it looks like something out of a magazine. 

Well, lately our neighbors (who are renters) have been pretty loud and I'd like to just block them out. I found this rust color outdoor fabric on sale for $6 a yard and broke out the stitch witchery tape and my iron (because I don't sew). I found two rods behind the hot water heater and Ryan sawed the bottom one in half for each panel. I wanted them about a foot above the ground so when it rains water doesn't build up on them. I can tie them back or leave them open, plus they are easy to take down and wash. 

1 comment:

Kensho Studio said...

What a great idea! Your porch looks great too!! Very welcoming!
~Michele