Saturday, September 10, 2011

Believe or Not - Bug in the Ear


Did you hear about the St. Louis Cardinals player who had to leave the game because he had a bug in his ear! Click HERE to read more about it. Well, I could relate. When I was in high school, I was waiting outside for my friend Heather to pick me up and a small insect flew into my ear. It's the WORST sound ever. I tried to get in out on my own but it didn't work. We went to a walk-in clinic but they said we had to go to the ER. By the time we made it to the ER, I couldn't hear it anymore but they used a giant turkey-baster looking instrument to flush it out.

What are the chances of a bug flying in your ear. Well, pretty good if you ask me! Tonight, a moth flew into Ryan's ear! The sound was driving him INSANE!!! I really thought he was going to smash his head into the wall. I had to do some quick thinking since we don't have a turkey baster. I was using anything I could think of but nothing work. Finally, he drove himself to the ER and they were able to remove it. Ya know the craziest part is, it was still alive!!! Well, for one second before Ryan smushed it. I guess if I was a bug, I would want to hang out with us too.

1 comment:

lab said...

all i can say is that was one tough moth.