Friday, August 28, 2009

Project Vanity

We've torn out the vanity in the bathroom and thought about replacing it with a new one. I briefly looked at our local home improvement store but didn't see anything I was crazy about. So Ryan agreed I would refurbish our current one. It's a gross midnight blue. I'm priming it today and hunting for pulls. We bought white subway tile for the area above the bathtub and will add a thin strip of black towards the top.

Here's my questions for you, what color should the vanity be? White? Black? White and black? And we've been painting all the trim Calming Cream color, should the bead board be Calming Cream or a bright white?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Love the chalkboard wall!! That will be so fun. Especially with frames all over it.

I would paint the beadboard the same color as the trim and the vanity black. I saw a bathroom online with a black vanity. I'll try to find it and email you.

lab said...

i would paint beadboard same as trim, paint the vanity white to match subway tiles. or paint beadboard white to match subway tiles and the vanity the trim color. think the black may be a bit harsh. put some black framed pictures to pull out the black stripe above the tub.