Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Southern Fried Munchies

When I was pregnant, I had a craving one night for some fried pickles. Yes, FRIED PICKLES. Living on the west coast, these were very rare. My wonderful and supportive husband was able to find the only restaurant within a 100 mile radius that served these strange, bad-for-you appetizers. About every six months, I get the urge to indulge myself in them and now that we're back in the south I can throw a rock and find a restaurant that serves them. You must always dip them in Ranch dressing and you can order the pickles as chips or spears. I'm thinking I prefer the spears these days.

2 comments:

Growing Paines said...

What? You like fried pickles, too! Those are my favorite! I have only found good ones in Missouri and I haven't been able to find a recipe I like. That is so funny! Darin calls me "Pickles" because of my love for fried pickles and he calls Maryn "Baby Dill"

lab said...

i pass on the fried/unfried or any other type pickles. i craved celery.