Friday, November 20, 2009

Designing With Nature

There's a house on the corner that has the best pine cones you've ever seen. They're bigger than the average cone and they have a warm tone to them. If the cones are laying on the sidewalk, I figure they don't mind if I take them. Actually I've never seen anyone working on the yard so they probably welcome removal of them.

I haven't decided what to do with them (I'm still working on the collecting phase). I saw in a magazine, a group of them hanging upside down by red ribbon. At Pottery Barn they are painted silver, with or without glitter. Or I could paint the tips white. I think I'll have to sleep on it.

1 comment:

lab said...

dont know where i read it or heard it but pinecones are suppose to be a sign of welcome. i used to keep a basket full of them in the living room and on the porch with greenery and berries for christmas.