Thursday, March 18, 2010

Garden Club

Tonight I was invited to attend The Garden Club with my mom. The speaker owns a little shop downtown with items right up my alley. She spoke about her inspiration for decorating a table and using items through several seasons. She recently designed with a bridal shower using vintage cookbooks. They added height to the table not to mention they are pretty cool looking.

In this image, she talked about buying candle stick holders and putting anything but candles on it. Birds and nests for spring, glass rose bowls with fresh cut flowers for summer, pumpkins for autumn. Also, she buys fabric to dress up a table for different occasions. I noticed burlap is really in right now and I found it for $1.99 per yard at Hobby Lobby.

1 comment:

lab said...

ive noticed burlap being used this year. and i still love birds.