Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Providence

Since I had the day to myself, I decided to take the shuttle to the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) Art Museum. If you're ever in Providence, make sure this is on your list. The museum is composed of 5 buildings with the oldest one from 1893. The collection consists of 84,000 objects of international significance. I was very impressed.

The weather was cold and snowy but sometimes the best way to explore a city is on foot. Not many students walking around Brown University today.

I finally found shelter from the wintery mix inside a giant shopping center. Can you believe this view? The city is the perfect size for me, not too big, not too small. Plus the mall had a H&M Clothing Store.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Providence def had some strong points. Too bad it is east of the MS River. I have a prohibition against living or becoming enamored of anything east of said river. I am thinking of moving this demarcation west to LR. Just in case anyone cares.