Sunday, July 24, 2011

Elwood-isms


The other night/morning when I was up with Waverly, I started thinking of all the funny sayings my father-in-law used. Here's just a few of them:

-Can't cuss a cat in here without getting fur in your mouth (this was said about our kitchen in Salem)

-On a fast horse, no one will notice (I like to think of this one when I'm doing yard work)

-That's higher than a cat's back (aka expensive, probably something Ryan wanted)

-Out like Lottie's eye (deep sleep, passed out or knocked out)

2 comments:

Kensho Studio said...

I love these and I hadn't heard any of them!
A friend of ours, who is 93, has many sayings ... one of my favorites is:
-I bet you a nickel to a hole in a donut.

Thanks for sharing.
~Michele

lab said...

mr man had a million of these. guess every time we use one, he is with us.