Monday, July 11, 2011

Waverly Ann


We checked into the hospital on Thursday morning for the scheduled caesarean, just one day shy of 40 weeks. I thought I was measuring small so I wanted to give the baby as much time as possible to grow. Here's a picture of us before entering the operating room.


Here's the first photo of Waverly! As my doctor was pulling her out, she said the baby has a head full of dark hair! What? Shortly afterwards, Ryan announced "it's a GIRL!" What? My doctor came around and showed her to me. I was COMPLETELY shocked. I thought for sure it was going to be a bald-headed little boy! She scored an 8 and 9 on her Apgar tests. The sound of her instant cry was pure happiness :)


I was able to hold her leaving the delivery room. I was really surprised she weighed 8 lb. 1 oz. (H weighed in at 7 lb. 12 oz.) and I still can't get over the dark hair. 


This was taken in the Post Op room. She's a very healthy little girl!


Ryan was able to assist in her first wipe down bath. However, she wasn't too crazy about it.


Big brother stopped by after school to meet his little sister. He was very sweet to me and helped me with my water. Ryan was holding Waverly and she started crying so Harrison said "I think she wants to go back to Mama."


By the last night of our hospital stay, Mr. H was really missing Mama and Dada. He told Mimi I would be worried about him and that really made me miss the little guy even more. We all needed to be together so Ryan picked him up and he stayed at the hospital that night. It was a pretty crowded room but I wouldn't change it for the world. I said it was our first family overnight trip!


Her hair reminds me of a hurricane. I wonder if it will be curly like Harrison's?


I guess my hormones were going crazy b/c I was SO hot and Ryan was freezing. By the way he's dressed, you would never know it was a 100 degrees outside.


Kerrie and Melissa have both told me, the second one sleeps so good and it's not nearly as hard as you imagine it would be. So far, they are right! We're so blessed with a peaceful baby. I think it also has to do with our confidence with the second time around :)


Both Harrison and Waverly somehow manage to sneak a hand out of a swaddle. Granted this isn't my best effort but there's that hand again. 

I keep on wanting to call her Manny. Harrison had told everyone that it was going to be a girl and we were going to name her Manny. I guess she already has a nickname.

11 comments:

Shannon said...

Congratulations! I was so excited when Cody came home and told me she was born. She is such a cutie and looks like Harrison to me. I love her hair! I can't believe y'all all spent the night in the hospital! Y'all are brave! Haha That is a sweet story though!

Ange said...

She is so sweet! I can't wait to meet her...and buy her cute pink things. Tell Mr. H congratulations on being a Big Brother!!! It's a very important job. :)

Designergirl79@Mac.com said...

I love the post and pictures! Glad you are home and having family time. Harrison has stepped into the big brother shoes without any problem and he was already takin care of his momma. I can't wait to meet sweet Waverly and her some pink! Congrats!

Kerrie said...

She is darling! I can't believe the whole family bunked it together at the hospital! Awesome! Can't wait to meet her!

heather said...

So happy for yall!!!

Kensho Studio said...

I love this post. Love seeing the progression of pictures and hearing all the anecdotes. Waverly is perfect and beautiful! Too funny that Harrison told his Mimi that you would be worried about him!! So cute! And such fun that you all stayed together in the hospital. I like that nickname Manny!
Congrats to all!!!
Michele

Aly said...

Welcome to the world, Manny! It's an interesting place. We hope to meet you soon.

Anonymous said...

Little Manny is just beautiful...and she has the most FABULOUS guardian angel too! Love you guys! Ash

laura said...

I think Manny is a pretty cool nickname, too. She is absolutely precious, but I expected no less after effort #1 turned out so well. Love yall and wish I lived next door.

HaydensMom said...

She is such a pretty baby! I can't wait to meet little Waverly!

lab said...

what a perfect little bundle. know that harrison will teach her everything she needs to know. everyone needs a big brother. but bet it wont be too long before she wraps him around her little finger, and she will adore her big brother.