Friday, October 19, 2012

Mi Vida Loca


When I decided to quit my job, I had no idea how crazy / busy my life would become. I think people view SAHM as an easy, relaxing life and they have all the time in the world. Trust me it's not the case. I'm more exhausted now than I ever was before. 

Harrison started a "big school" this year and since it's a private school they rely on parents to volunteer. During the orientation, there was a sign up sheet for room parent. Deep down I was really excited about the opportunity especially since I've thought about teaching pre-school/pre-k. I march over there and was the first to sign up. Little did I know, the person who signs up is responsible for emailing parents reminders and organizing events. Luckily there are four of us and we all get along well. Next time, I'll let someone else sign up first ;)

In addition I signed up for the Give A Treat committee which is a monthly philanthropic activity at the school. Since I'm the token designer, I'm in charge of all flyers and design pieces. THEN I have recess duty every Wednesday afternoon. Don't get me started about the school garden project. I also go to the Women's Group monthly meetings at church which I'm part of one or two committees there (this is a highlight for me). PLUS, Harrison has soccer practice Wednesday nights and games on Saturday mornings. 

I take Wavy to story time every Tuesday and we have a Mommy & Me movement class that morning too. On Thursday we attend a play group or hang out at the park. On Wednesday, Bob and Mimi watch W so I can work on freelance projects or run errands.  And lately on Fridays, W and I will have a girls lunch with Mimi. Did I mention I work about 10-20 hours freelance? And the never ending laundry....And the house looks like a disaster most days with Hurricane Waverly...Yes, and the Etsy store. I need a manager to give me deadlines on that so I can get it up and running!

With all that said, I wouldn't change it for the world. My days fly by so fast, I try to take time to enjoy each and every one of them. I look at the older students at H's school and it makes me a little sad. Someday my babies will grow up. I better keep them small as long as I can!

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Hmmm... I don't see "make Ryan salsa" anywhere in there. Or "rave over Ryan's cookies" either. We are taking one of these kids back.

lab said...

no take backs. and besides you could not make a decision on which to send back. life is so fast - have to grab every minute and enjoy enjoy enjoy.