Wednesday, April 7, 2010

About Me

Last time we flew, the in-flight magazine featured five "road warriors" (aka people who fly way more than I would want to). It included "20 Things You Should Know About Me" which was really interesting even though I didn't know these people. So I've challenged the family to come up with our own lists, but only it's going to be 10 things.

10 Things You Should Know About Me
1. I must make my bed every morning. The house can be a disaster but the bed must be made. Maybe I'm afraid of bed bugs sneaking in there.
2. I once had to go to the ER because there was a bug in my ear.
3. I've lived in 5 states (midwest, south, east and west coast). I've been to 7 countries and 37 states.
4. My favorite movie is Amelie (it used to be Life is Beautiful but it's too sad now that I have a son), favorite musician is Andrew Bird (I've only seen him 3 times), favorite book is White Oleander by Janet Fitch (it's been several years since I've read it so I may have to change this answer), favorite TV shows are Top Chef, Lost, and How I Met Your Mother (which I watch all of them online).
5. I've had a siamese cat for the majority of my life.
6. My sister made my wedding gown and was my maid-of-honor.
7. I like the smell of skunks.
8. Ryan and I met on a blind date and we are both the youngest in our families.
9. My heart has grown bigger because of Harrison.
10. I really don't like to text. I would much rather send an email or pick up the phone. Ryan says I need to get with it. If you receive a text from me, (a) consider yourself special and (b) it took me a really long time :)

5 comments:

Kerrie said...

Great pic! And great subject matter!

Jon said...

You know, i do not think I have ever received a text from you...interesting.

Unknown said...

I totally remember the bug episode and have already mentioned it to my kids a few times!! : ) I think the like of "skunk" came from h.s. parties. Though now there is one living near us it does NOT smell good when it is that close!!

kellyd said...

too funny! love the info!
i feel extremely blessed! --ive received several txt!
lol :D

Amelio said...

Totally agree about the texting thing. I think it can create misunderstandings between people because of the "lack of tone" in your "voice"