Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Boil

Remember the bet I had with Ryan involving March Madness? Well, I won by one game! So he found the state's largest Crawfish Boil for me. We arrived and here's what we saw. Man, look at that line just to get inside!

Here's a shot of the Lafayette guys shoveling more crawfish into the coolers. They hauled up 15,000 pounds! The crazy part is that wasn't enough. After a half hour they stopped selling tickets at the door.

Here's my second container of mud bugs. They were pretty tasty but could have used a little more stink. Besides the food, the best part was the event's proceeds will go to a local hospital's Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.

2 comments:

lab said...

i posted a comment but somehow it got lost. am sure you both enjoyed this. was this held in little rock?

HaydensMom said...

My prom date, Scotty Adams, organized that! So cool that you guys got to go.