Monday, April 12, 2010

Memories

My grandpa b. passed away today at almost 95 years old. He loved fishing (90 years worth), hunting, gardening, whittling and reading. We will all miss him dearly.

I pray that I may live to fish
until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
I then most humbly I pray,
When in the Lord's great landing net
And peacefully asleep,
That in His mercy I be judged
BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP!

Growing up every summer we would travel across the long state of Nebraska to Crawford and Fort Robinson to see my grandparents. Several years ago, I was able to share this experience with Ryan. I found an album with these pictures. Out there life is peaceful, simple and beautiful. It's one of those magical places that will always have a special spot in my heart.

3 comments:

lab said...

what a great picture and poem. im sure he was 'big enough to keep'.

Kerrie said...

Sorry to hear about this. This a great post to remember him by. Great pics of him.

Amelio said...

Those pictures of Grandpa are great. I have been going through some of their old photo albums. There are some choice ones of us from the 80's. I blame my mother for my fashion sense of that time! I'm going to scan all the pictures and request stories from everyone in the family like some shared at the funeral and put them (pictures and stories) together in a book.
So does the deck add onto my future bedroom?