Sunday, July 8, 2012

The First Party


I decided on a Hungry Caterpillar theme thanks to Pinterest. I designed this invitation for the birthday girl.


I want to give a special thanks to my mom and mother-in-law, I couldn't have pulled it off without them! 


It was an afternoon affair so we went with fruit and cupcakes. I found this fabric at Hancock's and it has that Eric Carle look.


I made extra cupcakes that were sugar and egg free in case any of the other youngins' wanted to try.


Instead of party favors (which are hard for one-year-olds), I decided to create a handprint / art station.


Ohh, it's Nana, Ryan and Mimi B!


Bob and Mimi posing with the party girl.


Waverly is so lucky to have a great-grandmother who would crawl on the floor with her!


Pink Bear makes us both happy.


Trying to get a good hand print can be difficult but Austin and Betsy hung in there.


Abigail is at the perfect age for this project. Summer wanted no part of it :)


Cake time! It cracks me up that she's using a spoon and fork.


Beckett and Annie joining in on the fun.


The aqua babies growing up so fast. Waverly looks like she's about partied out.

2 comments:

lab said...

you got some awesome photos. waverly will love them when she gets older.

Kensho Studio said...

I'm really behind on reading blogs! I can't believe Waverly is a year already!! Happy Belated birthday to her!! These pictures are soooo cute!!

~Michele