Friday, April 15, 2011

Storm Damage


We woke up at 2 am this morning from the loud thump and the sirens going off. Ryan managed to carry Harrison into the bathroom for shelter without him waking. After an hour, we were able to call the electric company to report our outage. The next morning we saw the damage. If you look closely, you'll see the telephone/internet wire and electrical line wrapped around the tree branch. I'm pretty sure we'll have a couple of holes in the roof. We were told to stay away from it since it's a live wire.

As for the party tomorrow, it's hard to explain this to a 3-year-old. He suggested buying batteries and changing the light bulbs. Around 7 pm tonight, I realized we weren't getting power so I purchased the cupcakes and brownies for tomorrow's party. As for the party, we'll make it happen.

On a different subject, I had a doctor's appointment today and everything is looking good. I had my glucose testing but I won't find out the results until Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. AND my doctor said next visit we can schedule the c-section so we've been looking at the calendar. So exciting!

3 comments:

Kensho Studio said...

Ouch! Right on top of your newly completed project! But very glad you guys were safe ... it must have been pretty scary! How was the birthday party? Construction certainly was a good theme!
~Michele

Melissa Bruning said...

Boo! Bad storm- good thing you are so resourceful.

KenshoStudio said...

Michele told me about this---sorry! Still can't get over it.
Andy