Thursday, August 18, 2011

Biggest Mess Ever!!!


So we still have a week before pre-school starts and I'm desperately thinking of ways to entertain Mr. H. Since it's too H-O-T for the outdoors, I created an indoor sandbox using dried beans and rice. It's been great this past week until today . . .

Waverly was sleeping, I was working in the back and Harrison was driving his tractors through the faux sandbox (or so I thought). I walked into the living room and he had a handful of the beans/rice mixture and was throwing it across the room! Unfortunately, this wasn't the first handful. I think he was on number 20! I almost couldn't believe my eyes, there was at least 1000 beans/rice all over the the floor. Instead of getting mad, I really wanted to break out laughing b/c of the look on his face. It read excitement and he knew he was in trouble. I think he just got caught up in the moment. 

Me: Harrison, what are you doing?!?

H: Oh, I don't know.

Me: This is the biggest mess you have ever made. 

H: Yes, I know. I made it just for you.

3 comments:

Kensho Studio said...

You are so creative to think of that for an indoor sandbox .... what a great idea! But I can imagine when cleaning up the mess, you were maybe thinking "who's idea was this??" I have to tell you I cracked up and thought of it several times throughout the day and would break out in laughter every time! I would guess you will be finding stray beans for years to come! Did you get pictures of the "mess?"
~Michele

lab said...

oh well, it probably seemed like a good idea at the time.

laura said...

I am so excited to know that I am not the only one picking up strange mixtures that have been thrown across my living room. Kids can have fun with anything. This proves it.