Saturday, August 20, 2011

Summer Vacation - Part One


A week after Waverly was born, Harrison finished his summer school program and asked where we were going for summer vacation. I guess they were talking about vacations at school. Vacation? In my head, I was thinking the hospital stay was our vacation! So we waited until the last week of summer (so Waverly would be older) and picked somewhere within an hour of driving. You never know if you'll have to turn around and come home, especially with a baby and toddler.

Harrison got in the car and said "I'm ready for the open road, get those big wheels a turnin!" 


We began our journey with the Mid America Science Museum. Of course, Harrison had to pose next to the wooly mammoth.


Ryan is channeling his inner astronaut fantasy.


This picture cracks me up!


I think Waverly slept the almost the entire time we were there. 


Dada and his little girl chilling on the bench.


Harrison took this photo. Waverly was on my lap but he managed to crop her out.


I had to take a photo of all of our gear. Anyone who has traveled with young children know it crazy how much stuff you need! The funny part is, this was only for one night!!!

3 comments:

Kensho Studio said...

These are great pictures! Glad you could take a little vacation! For a short time (way back in my early 20's) I was a bellperson for a nice hotel. I do remember the tons of stuff people had to bring when they had small children.
~Michele

lab said...

i am impressed at how brave you two were to include waverly. my hotel experiences with small babies was not a fond memory producer. maybe the key is to be sure and book a suite.

laura said...

Awww. You and Ryan look like babies yourselves.