Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Burlap Lamp & Sack


I'm really obsessed with burlap. Not sure why, just am. I found this burlap lampshade at Hancock's for $19.99 then it was 30% off. The lamp was Ryan's Nana's and it's super heavy. They don't make lamps like this anymore.


Bob picked up an extra burlap potato sack for me the other day. He thought I find some use of it. I think it was a little more than a buck.


I've been noticing decorating items with numbers on them and I love that look. I couldn't find a font on the computer that I liked for my numbers so I decided to free-hand a few.


I cut them out then figuring out the right placement on the burlap for them.


Next, I traced them with a black permanent marker. I put a brown paper in the middle so it wouldn't leak through to the other side.


I found some black craft paint and filled in the numbers. I removed the brown paper before the paint stuck to it.


Ta da, my numbers are finished. Now I'm trying to decide what to do with it. I'm thinking either a table runner, wall art (I would need to find a large frame) or maybe make it into a pillow for the porch swing or bedroom. Can't decide which one, what do you think?

2 comments:

lab said...

whatever you decide to do with it, i am sure it will turn out great. all your projects do.

Laura said...

Looks even better in person.