Saturday, March 12, 2011

A Day in Nashville


We were both really impressed with Nashville. It was super clean and easy to navigate. As we were walking around downtown, I spot the Hatch Show Print sign.


Established in 1879, Hatch preserves the art of traditional printing. On the left side, the wall stores hundreds of woodcut fonts. It's an art form I can really appreciate.


Here's a sampling of some posters. Of course, I had to acquire a few myself.


Yee Haw, I think Ryan makes a handsome horse. Actually, when I showed the pictures to Harrison, he thought I was dressed up like a horse!


We stopped by the Gaylord Opryland hotel to see the fountains and gardens. It was nice but I preferred our secluded retreat :) We managed to make it to a hockey game that evening which was super fun.

2 comments:

Kensho Studio said...

Wow, I love the pic of the inside of Hatch! I could see the old stamps in the picture and I would love to have that chest of drawers for my stamp room!!! Also fun to see the Opryland Hotel ... I have stayed there a few times and always enjoy it.
~Michele

lab said...

sounds like you had a great fun packed weekend. didnt realize there was that much to see in nashville.