Sunday, March 20, 2011

Shed Question


The humidity and the mosquitoes haven't made their way here YET. So we're taking advantage of this nice weather and starting a new project. Are we crazy? Yes. Another project? Yes, another project. Lord, help us now :) Here's the before picture of the shed in our backyard.


After 15 coats of primer, it's white. Okay, not 15, more like 2 but the first coat really sucked it up.


This was an exterior color I bought for the trim. Last year, I decided it matched the brick too much but it works perfect for the shed. 


Okay, here's our question, do you like the wall to be a the solid color or would prefer to see the spacing in between the boards be cream? Right now it's white primer so we'll need to go over it in cream or just paint it all the same. What color should the lattice be, cream or beige? Ryan will be making a solid door in the middle (exactly the same as the one on the side), which will have cream trim. He's also going to add a platform and ramp to get the mower up there. I think I'll hang some kind of decorative metal piece next to the door. Can you picture it? 

SO, back to the question on the spacing color, what do you think? If you look on the left side you can see what it would like like all beige. We said we'd paint it whatever you decided.

7 comments:

lab said...

wall solid color. lattice same color as trim. this was a fast decision for cant-decide-mom. looking good.

Melissa Bruning said...

I vote all beige with the lattice cream!

laura said...

walls solid, lattice cream

Jon said...

I think the each space should be a different bright color, as well as each piece of lattice. You should also put neon lights underneath so it glows! Make it stand out in the neighborhood!

Ange said...

I agree with the masses. Solid wall, contrasting lattice in cream. I would definitely do the neon lights too.

Kensho Studio said...

I like seeing the spacing between the boards and having the lattice be cream too. (I'm always the one with the vote on the opposite side! Ha!) I do like the neon light idea though!! ;-)
~Michele

Shannon said...

Well personally I liked the white! Hahaha I would do the solid walls with lattice the same color as the door trim will be.